Sunday, September 13, 2015

China: Day 1

It has been a long 2 or 3 days. We left our house around 11:30 Friday morning and arrived in Kunming this morning at 9 something (Sunday morning).

We made it through the Atlanta airport without any problems. I did forget to take my shoes off while trying to go through security and was told a few times before I realized they were talking to me. Then I panicked and just threw them in someone's bin! Luckily she was a very nice lady and didn't have a problem with my shoes landing on her things.

The flight to LAX was a little over 4 hours and we had no problems at all. I had been very concerned that I would have bad earaches on the plane. The doctor on Friday said they were going to take a beating and that flying was not going to be fun at all with my sinus infection. But I'm happy to say that it's one of the only times I've flown when my ears haven't hurt at all!!!

We boarded the plane in LA around 11 pm Friday night. It was a huge plane and we were on the upper level. I was able to get a decent amount of sleeping in [real shocker for those that know my sleeping habits I'm sure ;)]. Chris got a little bit of sleep. The last few hours seemed like forever, mostly because we were actually awake and we were worried that we were going to miss our connection in Guangzhou to Kunming. As soon as we landed and could get off we booked it through the airport. There was a lady waiting to tell us our gate number but it ended up being the wrong gate. So we had to run back to another gate about 10 minutes away. When we got there they looked panicked, but we were able to catch a van and board our plane!

The last flight was only a couple of hours and we were so excited to finally arrive in Kunming! The weather here is wonderful!!! It's known as the "City of Eternal Spring."

At the airport we were greeted by our guide Susan. She is very energetic and excited to be working with us! She got us to our hotel (about a 50 minute drive) and we were all settled in by about 11 Sunday morning.

We took a really long nap this afternoon and woke up in time to go across the street to a hotel Susan recommended to us in time for supper. It was very good! We are now getting ready for bed and for our big day tomorrow. We will meet Kohl at the Office of Civil Affairs sometime after 2:30. He will come with us to our hotel for our "harmonious period" and Tuesday morning we'll go back to the same office to complete his adoption! We appreciate your prayers for all that is going on. We have really been feeling them the whole time.

The next time I post Kohl will be with us!

I've tried to add pictures on here, but for some reason it won't let me so I'll try to put some on Facebook. Goodnight from China!

No comments:

Post a Comment